Tuesday 12 September 2017

New Year at Hogwarts | Pottermore Sorting


In celebration of this year, 1st September 2017, being nineteen years later, the last canon scene featured in the Harry Potter books, I've decided to share with you my Pottermore sorting experience as unfortunately I never received my Hogwarts acceptance letter.... 


I've been a member of Pottermore since about 2014, so I've been using it since before the big change in the sorting quiz and the format of the website. I think I preferred it before but I'm definitely getting used to it! When the website changed, there was an option to reclaim your old house, which I did because Hufflepuff is the greatest house and I wouldn't want it any other way. Still, I got curious, so I made a new account and did the test again. I was actually terrified I might be sorted differently so I was very happy and relieved to be sorted back into the house of the just and loyal! I really enjoyed the new sorting quiz, it's a really interesting way to find out what you value most and although the questions seem vague at first, it's a lot of fun. If you've never actually been sorted on Pottermore, I would highly recommend doing it because it's a great way to connect with other fans and the test was devised by JK Rowling herself so what are you waiting for?! 

I know a few people are actually disappointed to be sorted into Hufflepuff *gasps* So, I think it's important to remember this is the house of Tonks, Cedric and Newt Scammander, some of the most renowned wizards! And who wouldn't want to be part of a house which values hard work and loyalty, those are clearly great qualities. Also, the whole Hufflepuff aesthetic is very bright and sunny which I love. And for bonus points, the Hufflepuff common room is right next to the kitchen so need I say more? I mean I could, but we'll move on.



I was really excited to discover the new Ilvermony houses and get sorted! I didn't really know much about any of the houses at first so I was eager to learn more about Thunderbird. Apparently, it's the house that represents the soul and values adventures, which are great traits to have. To add to that, Porpentina Goldstein of the Fantastic Beasts movie is a proud member of Thunderbird so if you've been sorted into this house you're among the best Ilvermony have to offer! Furthermore, JK Rowling and Evanna Lynch have both been sorted into Thunderbird on Pottermore so what better reason is there to be proud of your house?!

So I actually own Cedric Diggory's wand but on Pottermore I have a unicorn hair core, hornbeam wood 14 1/4 inch wand! I think part of the reason you're assigned a wand is to make the sorting process even more realistic, which is what we all need really seeing as we all have a complex after never getting that sorting letter... 



I remember when you could first discover your Patronus, a hugely exciting time for all us Potter fans! As someone who always thought theirs would be a hamster or something slightly pathetic or something I was pretty happy to discover it was a dolphin! On Pottermore, it doesn't tell you the significance of the dolphin but a bit of digging revealed that apparently having the dolphin as my Patronus signals me to be an adventure-seeking and social person who can sometimes appear incompetent due to asking for help. Interesting! Though this isn't from the official site so I took it with a pinch of salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment